|Parkside Preschool is a private, not-for-profit, New York State Department of Education approved school for children ages three- to five-years with special needs. Parkside Preschool provides center-based and community-based services to families residing in Putnam and Westchester counties. In our center-based program, our school’s primary focus is to serve children with severe communication or learning difficulties and autism spectrum disorders. Our community-based integrated classrooms are offered at the same site, in collaboration with the Pine Grove Country Day School of Mahopac.
We utilize a multidisciplinary approach which includes parents throughout the educational and planning process. A warm, caring, and skilled professional staff has provided specialized instruction for over 40 years. A school-wide Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) framework underpins our developmental approach.
Services offered at Parkside Preschool
- Full-day Special Classes and Special Classes in an Integrated Setting (SCIS)
- Specialized Curriculum for Children with Autism that includes Applied Behavioral Analysis with an emphasis on Verbal Behavior (ABA/VB); Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication Handicapped Children (TEACCH); Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- PBIS Framework Utilized to Support Students’ Social-Emotional and Academic Development and Promote a Positive School Climate
- Speech, Occupational and Physical Therapies
- School-based Counseling/ Social Skills Groups/ Play Therapy
- Use of Instructional Technology
- Behavior Consultation
- Parent Education and Support Groups
- Transition Support Services
Referrals to the program is made by your local school district’s Committee on Preschool Special Education.
Click here for Careers at Parkside School.
For More Information Contact :
Jane Curtin, PhD
Phone: 845.628.2280, ext. 34310
Doreen Matthews, MAT
Admissions and IEP Coordinator
Phone: 845.628.2280, ext. 34324